Thursday, March 6, 2008

Babysitter Therapy

Ok, so those of you who know me... know that I am extremely EXTREMELY scared to leave my baby with people. Leaving him with a family member that I trust is hard enough for me - so allowing a girl, that Ryan teaches in seminary, that I don't really know, babysit Jackson while we went to the Temple was a HUGE step of faith for me. I honestly think I could be diagnosed with some kind of "first time mother syndrome" where I constantly have the worst possible scenarios running in the back of my head to the point where I don't even enjoy going out anymore. I think that the Lord, knowing my problem, was able to give me extra support and comfort while we left our sweet heart in the hands of a high school student. I am happy to report that we came home and our son was still ALIVE and WELL, the only two things I cared about. She did a great job and I think this experience really helped me to relax and realize that everything is in the Lord's hands, and his awareness of me and my family can really reassure me in times like that. Hooray for the babysitter! She really did a great job, wouldn't be surprised if I got out of the house more often now.

3 comments:

Monica said...

Hi! I was up late with a sick baby and was looking at blogs of people who live in Roy and found yours. Your little guy is adorable!! I totally understand not wanting to leave him with anyone. My baby is nine months and I still freak out every time we have to leave her!

joel and laura michelle said...

congrats congrats! big step. i'm sure i'll be the same way. congrats to shelly. love you

josh.sandra.ava.davis.ella said...

oh steph - you need to give yourself a lot more credit!!! ava is TWO and we finally left her with a babysitter!!!!!!!!!!!!! you are a great mom :) i love your blog - helps us not feel so far away!