Thursday, September 25, 2008

Happy Birthday Jack!





Wow - a whole year has gone by, and way too fast! Jack has been such a wonderful addition to our family, and the joy he's brought into our hearts and home is really undescribable. He's no longer a "baby" baby, he's already getting into the crazy toddler stages and it's so much fun to see him learn and grow! Knowing every morning that I am going to wake up and spend the day with him has added to my happiness - he brightens my day with his smiles and laughes and he means the world to Ryan and I.
I had a fun/interesting time making his cake and wrapping his presents for him. It was kind of funny because you can say happy birthday and show him all the fun stuff that's going to be for him, but he doesnt' really know what's going on so it seemed like that rewarding factor wasn't quite there. He can't give me a big hug and say thanks mom and dad for a wonderful birthday - so I had to keep reminding myself that this wasn't going to be a typical kids birthday. We were able to throw him a little party at my sister n'laws house (who was so wonderful to let us meet there as a half way point for the family). We got him some balloons, opened some presents, sang happy birthday and ate some cake. The cake is a funny story too. I fully expected Jack to go to town on the cake and eat it like its no ones business.....but he barely picked at it. I had to put pieces of cake in his mouth telling him "you like sugar, yum yum." I guess him not being crazy about sugar isn't really a bad problem to have though. Anyways, fun fun birthday for Jack!

2 comments:

Jason and Angela said...

Love my favorite one year old! GREAT CAKE!

Laura said...

Sounds like fun times! Super cute boy of course! Fun toddler stages ahead too. :)