Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Trying my hand at painting???

Ryan and I had a talk yesterday for Family home evening, and the lesson was about how we need to develop our talents. I love anything having to do with art and design - and i saw this beautiful painting in the store, and when I saw how much it was I decided to try and paint it for about one tenth of the price. It's not as good as the original, but I had a blast painting this picture!



And the final touch.... the frame!

13 comments:

The Marchant Family: said...

Wow Steph! I'm so impressed, you have a natural talent.

Ryan & Amanda said...

That is really good! I am amazed, I really don't think I could paint something like that!

josh.sandra.ava.davis.ella said...

are you kidding? this is incredible!!! what else are you hiding inside?? love you and miss yoU!

Unknown said...

WOW!!! I am in shock!! That is so good!! I am not in shock that it is good I am in shock that you just thought hmm I want this painting....I think I will paint it my self!! WOW Steph you are amazing!!

Erin said...

Holy Cow Steph! This looks like you bought it, seriously. I didn't know you were a painter?! Maybe I need to hire you to decorate my house!

Jarom and Heidi Taylor said...

Seriously you are amazing. you could sell your art. Good job!!!!

Kara and Todd said...

That's awesome Steph. You've always been pretty artistic. I'm jealous! That's my major and i still suck at it. You'll have to teach me your ways. ;) So... i totally had a dream about you last night and you made me sing this song in front of a lot of people and it was soooo bad. It was really awkward. Anyways, random, but i should be able to go to shell's shower, so i'll see you there!!!! Yeah!!! :)

Becca said...

That is awesome Stephanie!!! One question...can I get one of your paintings for our house?

michelledudley said...

ok - where do I sign up for an 'original' Stephanie painting? that is amazing.
mom dudley

joel and laura michelle said...

ummm ... holy crap! you are amazing!!! you are going to have people placing orders on here soon. heavenly father has blessed you with an amazing talent. i wish i knew how to draw a stick figure. love you all!

Silvia and Steven said...

AWW! awesome job on the painting! I looks awesome! I love how your house is decorated so cute! I think even though I want to decorate it cute I'd have a hard time. But I lov eyour creativity! Ha ha come decorate my house :O)

daisy k said...

Steph - you are so talented. Way to go!

The Christensens said...

Good job Steph!!! I wish I could say that I could do that!!! You are so talented!