Thursday, October 23, 2008

YES on Proposition 8

This is something that I’ve seen around, and hadn’t really known what it was all about, and to tell the truth, didn’t really care until I found out how it would, and has affected families in the US. Here are some facts that I find ….. well, the title says it all.
Outrageous:
-I find it outrageous that after 61% of the people in California voted against legalizing gay marriage, four judges went ahead and legalized it anyways. I thought that the voice of the people was what democracy and America was all about! I guess I’m thinking of the wrong United States of America……That place has slowly been twisted and changed into something our founding fathers would be ashamed of.
-I find it outrageous that in Massachusetts, the teachers are reading their students children’s books about a prince…..who married, not a princess, but a prince. (WITHOUT INFORMING PARENTS!)
-I find it outrageous that Teachers are sending home Packets and books home with their students educating them about gay marriage and how it’s good and normal. (WITHOUT THE PARENTS CONSENT!)
-I find it outrageous that a Teacher in California took their students on a field trip to her and her partners marriage because she thought it would be a good “teaching moment” . When have you ever seen an elementary class go on a field trip for a regular marriage between man and woman as a teaching moment…..uh…. NEVER! (AND YES….THIS WAS ALSO DONE WITHOUT THE PARENTS CONSENT!) That will confuse a kid faster than anything else I know. You teach them one thing from home and they learn another thing in school. I think I’d be jumping on the home school wagon right about now….
- I find it outrageous that Religious groups have been sued for not allowing gay couples to adopt from their agencies or get married on their properties. Religious groups! The very core of their beliefs and MY beliefs are being corrupted by the government. Well say goodbye to religious freedom – the religious groups that have been sued have either been forced to let gay couples adopt children from their agencies, or have completely closed down their agencies altogether.

Another fact is that gays and lesbians already have the same civil rights as regular couples. They are now looking to change the definition of marriage – and corrupt the sacred union between a man and woman. I am not discriminating; I feel that gays and lesbians have the right to “love” whoever they want. (As the talk show host Ellen said on her show), but something that she isn’t acknowledging is that “loving” someone and being “married” are two different things. So yes you do already have the right to love whoever you want – you do not , and should not, have the right to change the definition of marriage, the foundation of healthy families.
Now I’m not a very political person, but I have a concept of what America is all about and well…..this just isn’t it. Protect your families and your religious rights.

No comments: