Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Mom to the rescue
Well last night was the first night (that I know of) Jack had a little nightmare. He woke up at about midnight screaming at the top of his lungs - my adrenaline kicked in and before I could even process what was happening I was out of bed and ran to his room....he was crouched up in a ball in the corner of his crib and I must've scared him by running in so fast, but when he first saw me he must not've known it was me because he let out another terrified scream. I reached down and picked him up, and said "it's mamma honey" - and immediately he stopped screaming and hugged me so tight, laid his head on my shoulder and started to pat my back as if saying I'm glad you're here. I rocked him for a few minutes and he went back down without a fuss. Not that I would ever want him to have a scary dream again, but that made me even more proud to be a mom. I love the feeling I got when he knew mom was there, and that was all it took to wash his fears away. He's pretty independant these days, so for him to show me that he loved and needed me was totally worth the midnight madness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
awe, that is such a precious story... poor little guy. he must have a good mama!
That is such a sweet story! Maybe it's all my hormones, but it made me tear up a little. I think the it's the best feeling in the world when your little one gives holds onto you so tight like that. I love that picture of you two.
You're such a good mommy Steph! It is nice to be loved from toddlers who are just too busy! I just started working at the daycare with Kassidy and it's funny to see how protective she gets of me when I start paying attention to the other kids. The kids all call me Miss Robyn, but Kassidy will always tell them, "My Mommy!" I love it! You look great by the way and I love your tree..come do mine!
So Sweet! I can't wait for that bond to form with our little girl!
what a sweetie. miss you guys like crazy!
What a good story and what a darling picture! He is too cute.
hey stephanie. It's mel. What a cute litte story, so sweet.
Just wanted to let ya know we just made a blog....rickandmelissahansen.blogspot.com.
hope to see ya soon:)
Awww, thats so cute, seriously I love being a mom, even though i'm a newby. It really is such a great/scary feeling knowing that they have so much trust in you. I miss you and Jack
Post a Comment