Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Updates

Well instead of doing three or four different posts, I'll just throw it all together and tell ya what's been going on in the Dudley home as of late and bring anyone who cares up to speed!

Here I am almost 30 weeks along, I feel bigger with this one than with Jack, but I hear that's to be expected. Third trimester has hit hard and getting ready for the day is a task that feels like I just spent an hour at the gym. But I can't complain, life is good, I have a loving supportive husband - who helps with me anything I need, a beautiful boy who is the highlight of every day and a new baby on the way! Life is good.


Jack has been doing a lot movie watching and I feel so incredibly guilty for letting his brain go to mush as of late but 30 weeks along and anything I do to physically exert myself starts me into contractions 3 minutes apart which is no bueno.... so I've had to take it easy and laze around lately. My mom keeps reminding me that Jack won't remember how incredibly boring these next two months of his life are going to be, and that I have to take care of the baby inside of me too. Wise counsel from a loving mother is appreciated, but I still can't help but feel bad for how painfully boring it's been for Jack. I just have to remember that soon enough his healthy little brother is going to be here and they will have way too much fun together!


Months and months ago we ripped out our ugly little rotten spider infested 6x6 patio and decided to upgrade so I actually had a desire to take Jack in the back yard. We've been taking much better care of our lawn, picking weeds, dug a garden area that we havn't planted yet, got the trampoline and are now in the process of laying our new patio, which has turned out to be a lot harder than we had originally planned. Thank goodness we have the coolest neihbors who have been willing to help with the things that Ryan just couldn't do a lone. I will post more pictures when they start to lay the patio.





Ryan took Jack and I up to a canyon where we let him splash around in freezing water, had a picnic and just relaxed. I wish we could've stayed up there longer than we did but about fifteen minutes directly in the sun on a hot summer day did me in.

3 comments:

daisykaye said...

I wish that I lived closer to you - I would totally take Jack for ya! Good to know it is almost over huh?

Zaugg Blog said...

Steph! You look amazing! I just can't get over how cute Jack is and im excited to see your newest addition too! Hope all is well and I wish you all the best in the next few weeks!

Cari said...

You look so adorable with your prego belly! Jack is going to love having a brother to run around with.