I tried to imagine what it would be like bringing home baby nubmer two for the past nine months and I have to say - it's been even more difficult/rewarding than I thought. Jack has simmered down on the constant kissing, hugging, wanting to hold, and petting the babies head, so I can relax a little more - but thank goodness I had help the past week and a half. I had forgotten that you don't quite feel like yourself for a while. But the good news is I've gotten my strength back (even tried jogging a couple of really pittiful times)! Jack, as sweet as he is, has decided to pick now to get even more crazy than usual. On two different occasions he climbed up on our front room window seat, hid behind the curtains and poohed. It gets better, he decided to stick his hand in the pooh and wipe it on my white curtains, step in it and jump on the rug......he's really lucky I love him, I can laugh about it now, but my saint of a mother was with me both times and was more than willing to take my pooh covered boy to the bath while I cleaned up the mess. I will write all about Quin in a moment, first I have to get some suggestions from anyone who knows how to discipline a two year old - we've tried everything but physical abuse, but literally everything is a game to him, he thinks time out is a joke, and we're running low on discipline options. Any suggestions!?!?
In contrast to Jack, Quin is a very sweet and mellow baby. He sleeps A LOT and wakes up either one or two times in the night. He loves to be held when he's awake. He has crazy dreams because when he's sleeping he'll pull off the funniest facial expressions. I love to watch him smile in his sleep. He's just great! It's been hard for me to get pictures with his eyes open, my hands are a lot more occupied than I thought they would be, but I'll get some soon. Until than, here are a few more pics!
My beautiful mother helping out with Jack.






8 comments:
Oh, Steph he's precious! And although I don't have any new suggestions for a naughty 2 year old (I've got one too but she's still the only child) just try and give him alone time with you and your hubby, he may be doing all this for attention. I don't know, I'm scared for when that happens in our home too! Good luck, and you're gorgeous!
You are a very skilled photographer. Those are great pictures! And discipling a 2 year old is mostly about what mommy and daddy do. What finally worked for us a little "pop" (a flip of the middle finger and thumb) and "the look". It was mostly about the look. They have to know you are unhappy. So you may have to do the face for a while... Good luck with your cute little boys. (Who are so very cute!)
I love the black and white pictures! They are amazing. I can remember nursing Jared and Elisabeth was going wild in the playroom thinking to myself, "I can't do this. We are done. We can't have more children. This is crazy. What were we thinking? I was not meant to do this.........." and now we are 6 weeks away from #4. You can do it! As far as Jack and discipline go, when you figure it out let me know! Love you.
the pic with quin in the front and jack blurry in the back is the best thing i've ever seen!!! i LOVE it!
best advice i got is when the kids are doing something really really naughty and you just want to scream, grab your camera instead and video it or take pics! this allows you to step back from the moment, take a breath, maybe giggle a little and then you can more calmly discipline. THIS pooping incident would have been priceless video footage for later!!
Quin is so cute! Good work guys! ...i have a few poop stories that involved mia that i could share... wow- and on the white curtains- how nice that your mom was there to help out! she is the best!
I just have to say Steph, that the picture of Quin on the bed with Jack sitting blurred in the background makes me sad. Jack looks like the forgotten lost boy in the back. Quin is a doll.
This is the stuff that gets moms into the heaven, right? I've never had a two year old... But I would suggest LOTS of positive reinforcement and rewards, and maybe more mommy time too. Keep up the good work! Just LOVE them! Beautiful pictures!
Hmm... it's crazy how much "crazier" toddlers get when a baby comes into the picture. Nicholas did the exact same thing and even sometimes acts up. Mostly because they want extra attention and loving.
Post a Comment