If only I could keep track of all the poop stories that are accumulating, I will just record one and black out the rest from my memory, forever. Long story short, Jack has taken an eager interest in his poop which equals many gross clean ups for me, a lot of thrown away sheets and clothes that I am not going to bother washing and the purchasing of many strong cleaners, paper towels, lysol spray, and scented candles. Today I put Jack down for his nap, I hear him playing for a while and than all goes quiet. After a few minutes of this silence, I peek my head into his bedroom to see how my little angel is sleeping, and open the door to find him hiding behind his bedroom curtains on his window seat, so I walk over there and throw open the curtain to find a lovely mess of poop that he's been stepping in, picked up in his hands and wiped on the window, curtains, on the wall and some in the carpet that...oh yeah, I stepped in. We won't go into the details of the clean up. Jack went on time out for a very long time, where he sat patiently and I filled a garbage can of paper towels and anything else that touched his poo. I love my son, but I can't get him to get over this new poo stage. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, please shed some light on how I can make him see that his poo is nasty gross caca.
This looks a lot better than when I started cleaning it up, I thought I'd spare any viewers of the true nastiness that transpired.

He looks so sweet right???

Wrong.
6 comments:
Okay luckily I've only had a couple poo problems but not that bad. Is he potty training?? If not and he is still in diapers I heard that duck taping the diaper closed so he can't get into it?? Or if he is wearing underwear tell him that if does it again he will be in diapers (that always works for my son he doesn't want people to think he's a baby). Sorry!
oh no - now i feel so bad about my post on our blog about davis being so "destructive"...i guess destruction is relative, especially when it involves poop!
think of it this way, perhaps jack is going to be an artist like his mother and he is currently just exploring different mediums. sooner or later he will decide that the color and texture of poop is not artistically compatible to what he is trying to create and he'll move on to other mediums!
your stories remind of some others that i've read on my friends blogs - check them out for a good laugh (you are not alone!):
http://ourhenryboy.blogspot.com/2009/01/i-bet-your-story-isnt-better-than-this.html
http://thekimballherd.blogspot.com/2009/10/turtle-tank.html
Yikes! Sorry Steph, we haven't had that problem yet. Is he potty training? Kassidy has no desire to be potty trained, she tells me she want to keep her poop when I tell her it's time to change her diaper. Good luck with this phase, I hope it passes quickly!
At least your carpet is brown! Maybe you should make him clean it up first and then he can see that it isn't fun to have to clean it. Then of course you can finish the deep cleaning part.
yuck...been there...done that...hated it. This too shall pass...
Steph,
I was a poo person. I used to poop in the bathtub and then right on all the shower door walls. I'm not embarrassed. I'm not. Well, maybe. A little. Especially since I'm posting this online for others to see. I KIND of grew out of it, so hopefully Jack does too. ;)
Luv ya!
Post a Comment