Wednesday, March 3, 2010
As good as it gets.
Finally I gave my blog a much needed face lift. Thank you for those people who helped me find out how to help my blog, I LOVE photoshop! Nothing incredibly new as of late. Shelley came to town for a visit though! I can always count on a good time when she comes around. We had some good long talks and laughs, hit the shops, baked delicious treats, relaxed to some good movies and just has a great time. Things are quite a bit different since we've grown up,had kids, and taken on the role responsible mothers. I love being a wife and a mother. I need to say that up front. Nothing in the world can match that kind of happiness! But we kept talking about the things we took for granted before motherhood. Before the big world of responsibility, we would go where we want when we wanted, stay up as late as we wanted, laugh as loud as we wanted, joke as much as we wanted, blow as much of our money on many "wanted" things of the world. Me Me Me, I I I . How spoiled were we? As far as we knew, life was a good as it gets. I am so greatful for life experience that make us wiser..But when I get with my siters I get a yourning to be as carefree as I used to be. Well one night when Shell was here, Ryan watched the kids and we got out for a couple hours and had a little taste of being together in highschool again. For those two hours we didn't have a care. We decided to take a drive around town and do whatever we wanted, to be impulsive for a while. So as we were driving we remembered how we always used to skip classes and go to get a burger or a drink. So we pulled into Carles Jr... I put the healthy eating out of my head and we got a big juicy burger to share. After we savoured every bite we put on some good tunes and sang to the in he car, drove to Old Navy so shell could return something. We decided to take a look around, we took our time, no running after Jack when he decides to try and hide from me. We cracked jokes at some of the more interesting articles of clothing, put together outfits that we didn't have money to buy, and came out with two of the brightest ugly clearance matching sweaters (3 bucks, can't beat that) I got pink, shell got yellow. After that we decided to drive down and get some ice cream. Throwing our desire for tight toned bodies to the wind, we piled our cups high with brownie batter, cookie dough and topped it with hot fudge, caramel and any other unhealthy topping you can think of. I don't think I've ever eaten ice cream so fast. Than it was time to head home. Thank you to Ryan for being such a wonderful husband and letting me revert back to 17 years old when my sisters come around. And thank you Shell for always giving me a good time! I wish I had more pictures of our fun times while Shelley was here, but I don't, I was enjoying myself way too much to even think about pulling out a camera! Shelley did get some more family photos and so here are just a few!






Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Ahh the good times, I wish we could have done more fun careless things but I'll take what I can get.
I love the new look!
Agreed. Very cute blog header! Fun story too! Sisters are great to do things like that with. You're family pictures are gorgeous!
loved your new family photos - and love the family in them! ryan - you are an awesome husband and father always, but especially to realize stephanie sometimes needs to just be a 'crazy sister'! Stephanie - so glad that you could have a great time with your other 'other half'!
love to all of you
mom
Cute Pics!!! It was so fun to see you and Shells on Saturday! We should really do it more often.... eh?!!! Also, some of your family pics looks like Shelley! Its weird! I mean, obviously you two look a like but I always thought you looked so different. But some of these pics, like the kissing one, and the one where your head is turned on the street- look like Shelley! Weird.... :) Ok, love you bye!
Post a Comment