Thursday, August 26, 2010

Jack, the terror. Quin the sicky. Baby ideas.

New Jack story. You all ready for this???
Today I had one of my doctors visits for this pregnancy, and routinely they asked me to get them a "sample" meaning a sample of pee. Normally not a big deal, but I had both the kids with me so I knew it was going to be a task. I walk into the stall and get started. Just as I'm starting to get some in the cup Jack runs to the stall door, quickly unlocks it and runs out leaving the door wide open for all to see. Thankfully no one else was in there.....yet. So I, in my panick and frustration to get the door closed before anyone walks in, I spill some pee on my hand. Not a huge deal. I can always wash my hands. Just as I am closing the door Jack runs back in, so I grab him by the arm and tell him to stand in the corner. Since both hands are occupied I don't get the door closed and it's still open. As I am forcefully assisting Jack to the corner with my pants down, he desides to be extra defiant and fling his other arm around to try and escape and.....you guessed it, knocks the cup of pee. Massive amounts of pee goes flying on me. Yep, right in my lap. Nice. The rest of the story is a bit of a blur.I suppose it all worked out ok in the end because here I am giggling as I write the story. The good news was 1.I still had a firm grip on the cup, so I managed to saved some of the liquid for testing. 2.Nobody walked in during this fiasco. Can you imagine walking in on that. Oh man, I would feel really bad for that poor lady.

Latest with Quin. Poor guy has had 6 ear infections in the past 8 months, at least. So he's most likely getting some tubies put in soon, we have an appt. friday to see the doc. Hopefully that brings him some comfort. He's so close to walking, stands up on his own for a while. Can scale stairs like it's nobodies business. Claps his hands, says mama, dada, and baba. Learning body parts and has four teeth in, two top and two bottom. He's a joy. Love him to death.


Look at how handsom they are. Seriously, I don't want them to grow up. I don't think I can share them with any other girls. It's already decided that I will be the only girl in their life.






Ryan and I are preparing to welcome a baby sister into the family, and I am going crazy with room ideas. Whatever the outcome, I want to base the colors and theme around this painting that I plan on doing for her. I love the little bird theme. Don't you love it!

8 comments:

Laura said...

What a story! How funny! I do love that bird painting and the colors. You're creativity will make her room spectacular!

Ry, Shell, Maxwell and Henry said...

Thats hilarious about the pee., you seriously need to write that down somewhere you can always remember. And yes your boys are sooo handsome. It makes me nervous how handsome they are already...watch out for the girls.

Ry, Shell, Maxwell and Henry said...

Thats hilarious about the pee., you seriously need to write that down somewhere you can always remember. And yes your boys are sooo handsome. It makes me nervous how handsome they are already...watch out for the girls.

Ry, Shell, Maxwell and Henry said...

didn't mean to comment twice...sorry

Cynthia Johnson said...

i was cracking up as i read that story! love you guys!

Ali said...

There is a whole bedroom set for toddlers and infants that two of the families I nannied for have. The theme looks JUST like that painting! If you want, I can ask them where they got it from if you'd like!

Anonymous said...

Ok so your blog seriously entertained me for like 3 hours at work. I love all your funny stories! Here's my bloggy blog!

Ryan and Steph Dudley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.