Sunday, January 9, 2011

37 weeks and breech.

Darn it! I am 37 weeks along and she was in the perfect position all the way up will now. Our sweet girl decided last minute to flip into the breech position. There is still a chance that she will turn back around but unless she does soon I'll be saying hello to a c-section. So I've been educating myself on c-sections and many things I can do to encourage her to turn back down, one of which is this pose where Im on the ground on my knees with my chest on the ground and tooshy up in the air. Not the most comfortable position but I've been laying there like that any spare minute I get! The doc also suggested external version done in the hospital, where they try to manipulate the baby to flip from the outside. Not gonna lie, the thought of this freaks me out and there are some risks. The risks, though not common, are still too much for me to consider getting that done. So here's to a lot of funny poses, talking to the baby, warm bathes and other methods to get her to turn. Wish me luck! I'm not loving the idea of a c-section. By the way, if any of my readers have had a c-section and it was a positive experience I'd like to hear about it! Lift my spirits a bit.......

Here I be 37 weeks along. Super ready for her to be out of the belly.

6 comments:

Sarah F said...

Oh darn. That is kinda crazy that she turned. She's still got some time though, maybe she'll turn back down.
I can't believe how good you look, and this is your third right? Dang girl :)

Ry, Shell, Maxwell and Henry said...

Don't worry all will be well. I've heard a lot of good things about people having c sections :) and there is still a chance she will flip.

Becca said...

I agree with everyone else she could still flip! :) Perhaps this is her first joke on you? I don't know. But I did have a c-section, grant it it was an emergency c-section, a tad different, being that I was put out for the whole thing. BUT the recovery was really not too bad for me. I walked everyday afterwards and that helped A LOT. I was pain free in just over a week, which I've heard is unheard of. BUT just know that when you do have a c-section, it's major surgery, so no one expects much of you for at least two weeks. If you want to talk more on it, you can email me on Facebook. :) I also know that Emily (Thompson) Smith has had one with all three of her kids. I'm sure she could give you some GREAT advice! :) Good luck! And you look AMAZING!!!

Ben and Kristen Call said...

Darn it. I hope she flips soon, because to tell you the truth, c-sections kind of scare me too.

Cynthia Johnson said...

looking fabulous Steph! Whatever happens- you and baby will do great! Enjoy all the crazy positions, baths, etc! :)

joel and laura michelle said...

looove you!