Sunday, April 10, 2011

Blessing Day

What a great day! We had a lot family come out for Seren's baby blessing. Ryan gave a beuatiful blessing. Of all the beautiful things that were said, one of the neatest things was reference to her name and how it meant "star" and how just as the star guided the wise men to the Christ, she will be a guiding light to those around her. I am so greatful for a husband who worthily holds the priesthood and can be a mouthpiece for the Lord in giving us blessings! The day was pretty crazy as well. We crammed the family into our little house and fed everyone lunch so we were able to snap a family picture before the chaos started, which the kids weren't happy for.


The kids didn't want to go down for their regular naps so we let them stay awake and finally Quin fell asleep on the chair in Seren's room.



Here's Seren after her blessing. Still kicking myself that I didn't get a picture of just her in her little blessing dress but I got one of her in her outfit after church. Sheesh. I'll get her in her dress another day and have a nice little photo shoot.

4 comments:

Laura said...

Congrats on a beautiful blessing day! Cute worn out little kiddos too. :)

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

I love the picture of Quinn asleep halfway off the chair. When they get really tired, they can fall asleep anywhere :) Congrats to you guys and your lovely family!

6lasdiablitas said...

So sad I couldn't be there, but you all look great! I can't believe how big Seren is getting. I'll see you in less then 2 weeks sis!

joel and laura michelle said...

just beautiful! love you guys!