Thursday, April 21, 2011

Easter came early!

Well Ryan is going to be gone this coming Sunday morning, the real Easter, so we decided to do it a week early. So last Sunday the kids woke up to their easter baskets that the easter bunny left them.





A bit dorky with the ears??? Probably. Can't beat a buck at walmart to make for cute pictures.


Jack giving daddy big hugs! I love that Christ is in the background of this picture. We made sure to tell them the real meaning of Easter, how their brother Jesus died for them and came back to life on the third day. It was adorable. Whenever we asked Jack about easter he kept saying "Jesus came back to life!"


Seren got a little dress and her first pink nail polish. You'd better beleive I didn't waste any time painting her little nails for Church that day. I was in heaven, while Ryan rolled his eyes at me. So much fun!


We made a family favorite on the Johnson side called "goup n swallow" sounds appetizing eh? Well it is! It's amazingly delicious! Don't know how I got the name but I have these incredible childhood memories of eating it at my house and grandma's house and aunt Tricia's house. I want to give my kids those same memeories.




It was loved by all.


as was the easter candy!





We had a fun Easter egg hunt at Kalli and Ricky's house. Funny story, when all the kids were running around grabbing easter eggs they meant business, I'm talking out to kill. Jack actually got a little afraid of the chaos of the kids running around, he stopped after he found a couple of eggs and I asked him why he stopped. He just looked up at me and said "I'm just too scared" We've got to toughen that kid up. We can now add easter egg hunts to the long list of things Jack is afraid of.




Seren is three months old and we are still loving her to death. I can't beleive just three months ago she wasn't with our family!

4 comments:

Laura said...

What a lovely Easter celebration! I DO love the ears. Such cuteness!

Anonymous said...

Ha ha all your stories of Jack seriously crack me up!! He is one funny dude! And I, too, have many memories of eating goop'n swallow! Love it!

Cynthia Johnson said...

loved the post and pictures!

joel and laura michelle said...

thank you sooo much for sharing ry and the boys with us. but we soooooo missed you and seren!
seren is just gorgeous :)