I realize that it may seem Quin is the already falling victim to the "middle child" curse. Often forgotten and left out. Can I assure all of you that is so NOT the case. I try to get our crazy Quin on camera more often, but I am not kidding when I tell you, as others have told me, that he is the busiest two year old I've ever seen. And as two year olds are already super busy, that's saying something. It's a rare occurrence when Quin is on the ground in our house, most of the time he's climbed something, on the kitchen countertops going through cupboards, or some place he should not be. We went to the Zoo with my mother in law and sister in law the other day and we lost Quin about 5 times. Just for a moment, we would always find him in about ten seconds, but if I didn't watch him every second, he'd be off on his own. He is so different than Jack. When Jack was two I could at least do the "okay bye bye" and start walking in the other direction trick, and he would freak out and come running to me. Quin doesn't care if I am there or gone. He's brave and adventurous and doesn't have a great concept of danger. Not good combinations. So after careful thought and consideration, I finally caved in and did something I'd never do. I got my child a leash. We took him to Salt Lakes new City Creek Center and tried it out. The stares that I used to shoot at those mothers who put their kids on leashes was something that I could see I was getting a lot of. How horrible! I used to judge those mothers who had their kids on leashes. I thought it was wrong. How WRONG I was. I have eaten some humble pie and realized that those oh - so- wise mothers who use those back pack leashes for their kids can look past the dirty looks with the knowledge of I'd rather have my child on a leash than kidnaped, hit by a car, or lost and wandering. Because I love my child, I will keep him safe, regardless of what others may think. Here's to all those good mothers who know that they are doing what's best for their kids!

3 comments:
Oh man I hear you on the leash! Alli LOVES hers because it is a unicorn so she thinks it is great to wear it, but we got it to take to Las Vegas a few years ago and I got some odd looks for sure! It is just crazy because it makes it so they have more freedom than if they have to hold your hand, they can have more space, but they are still safe so it seems like a smart choice :). Good luck, I have a complete climber with my second on as well and it definitely makes life interesting! Your kids are adorable!
I had one of these as a child! I always made fun of my mom that she scarred me because I felt like I was an animal. Haha.. It is SO WORTH IT though. I'm totally for them if they are needed. I have a feeling I will be using one with one of my little crazy girls.
You're totally right. You gotta do what's best and safest for you and your kid. :) What a crazy little guy!
Post a Comment