Friday, March 9, 2012

Little Soccer Star

It's official, I am (well almost) a soccer mom! I have been waiting for this stage in Jack's life for ......well it feels like a very long time. The stage where we get to see him participate in these team sports. We get to go to his games and root for our little boy! Jack is signed up for soccer and will start his little soccer season in April, so we need to get him somewhat familiar with the the sport before than. We are teaching him there is more to soccer than just kicking a ball and running after it. It's fun to see him learn about it. He's so excited to play and loves when we take him to open fields and practice with him. I hadn't realized how long it had been since I had played or seen anything having to do with soccer, until I kicked it in the goal and said "yeah, scored two points!" Both Ryan and I agreed that Ryan will be completely taking over teaching Jack how to play soccer.







I love this kid. He really wanted to wear shin guards. We didn't want to go out and buy any at the moment so he was thrilled when I made him a fine pair of home-made shin guards. Cardboard, paper towels and tape!

No comments: