Friday, March 30, 2012

Time With Jack

Jack is getting so big so fast. But I'm hoping he'll never think he's too cool to hang out with his mamma. We had a good time baking cookies while Quin and Seren were sleeping. We baked some Easter cookies and he was my good little helper, cracking the eggs, stirring the ingredients.He showed me his photography skills and snapped some awesome photos. He's knows how to do a crazy photo shoot. He had me posing and doing tricks for the camera. All this was at his request. I'm slightly embarrassed to show you some of these photos of myself, but oh well. You may as well know I'm slightly crazy, but it makes for a good time with the kids.
Funny things he's said lately. Jack"Hey mom, can I lay on the couch and watch a show. It's just Quins bed time" mom -"you can watch a show for 20 minutes okay?" Jack-"no, 10 minutes!" mom-"alright, 10 minutes it is!" Jack'-(realizing he said something wrong) "I mean......lots of ten minutes!"

Jack tells me that he's going to "grow up to be a paleontologist" every now and again. But today he told me "I'm going to grow DOWN to be a baby"

Jack likes to pretend he's either some kind of animal, or a pirate lately. I can reason with him much easier if I just play along and turn tasks into imaginary adventures. Well lately, he's been a dog named Edger. He came up with the name. He would do just about anything I asked, and happily, when I asked edger to do it and scratched his head and pet his back. Seriously, the whole day about a week ago, I treated my son like a dog all day. Thankfully he woke up as just jack the next morning.









No comments: