Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Swimming and Doughnuts

One of our favorite things to do this summer has been going to the pool and getting doughnuts. I have to say, starting out swimming this summer was tough. Jack wouldn't even put his face in the water and Quin couldn't balance himself with a life jacket. We did some thinking and decided we'd try out floaties for Quin and ginormous goggles and a breathing tube for Jack. We started Jack out in the bath tub, after he got used to that he was eager to try it at the pool. Now they are all little fish. Seren does great too, of course we always have to hold her, but she loves to put her face under with mommy and daddy. In case you were wondering, no, it isn't a speedo we have on Quin, he lost his suit and that's just the cover for his swim diaper that looks like a speedo. I haven't been to buy a new suit just yet, because I think it looks flippin adorable!

2 comments:

Dan and Laura said...

Oh that looks heavenly! I think we're ready to invite ourselves up there. :) Good thinking with the big goggles too!

michelledudley said...

so cute - and wow does that bring back many many summer memories when daddy ryan was little and we did the same thing! life sure flies by. we didn't have the amazing goggles, or speedos though!!!
by the way - happy anniversary yesterday
love mom dudley