Friday, August 17, 2012

The genius of Pinterest, and a little of my own.

I am sure you all know already how addicting Pinterest is. I can really claim very little creativity in my life now, any good idea I get, more often than not comes from Pinterest. However I can claim this lovely little idea. I have been desperate to get Jack to get some greens in his diet, all the kids, but especially Jack. He hates....HATES green smoothies that I make (and I've tried to make a plethora of different kinds for him). But he has an intense love for popsicles. So my brain gotta workin and I figured I could combine the two. I took otter pops, emptied the inside and used the plastic outside to pour in green smoothie. closed it with a Bobbie pin. Put it in the freezer and crossed my fingers. Quin and Seren were fans, Jack was....ok with it. I told him we are never having "color popsicles again" only green ones, because they were healthy. He's really been obsessed with asking me what is healthy and what isn't lately. I really like it actually, that he cares. Anyways, I am feeling quite proud of myself for thinking this up. Give it a try!
This was from Pinterest and the kids really enjoyed finger painting without the mess! Put different paint colors in gallon freezer bags and tape it to the table.

2 comments:

Dane and Jessica said...

That IS a good idea!! My kids like the green smoothies but they are so messy that the popsicle version would be fun and much cleaner I'm guessing!

Kara and Todd said...

Love it Steph!! I want the green smoothie recipe. Care to share your genius-ness?? :)