Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas 08

We were excited for our very first Christmas as our very own family in our own house this year. If you read the post below you'll know about our little carbon minoxide scare - well Christmas morning we got a little surprise at 3:30 in the morning our alarms went off again! So we got Jack out to the car called the gas company and had a guy come out and sure enough the levels were really high, even higher than last time (his machine can only read levels up to a certain point and it was the highest his machine can read, if that tells you how high the levels were - pretty freaky) so after airing out our house and turning our furnace off we decided to pack up the car and go spend Christmas morning with my parents an hour and a half away! These are some picture of the week we spent there while waiting to get a new furnace, had we known we'd be dishing out a good amount of money on this new furnace we would've called that our Christmas (just my luck).

Jack early Christmas morning with everything we'd need that week and presents shoved in the car.


This was the face to describe how I felt Christmas morning as I waited outside in the freezing cold.


Ryan running inside to grab the last few presents under the tree.


Our bare Christmas tree ( thought I'd document this tragic moment )


Mom's and Dad's beautiful Christmas tree with our presents underneath!

Jack still happy as ever with Christmas morning, he has his favorite present, an old keyboard, he has this obbsession with keyboards.


One of the car rides he had fun with his crackers.


We went to Jack's cousins birthday party (Ian) and this place was incredible, he had lots of fun.


Corey was nice enough to take his down this huge slide - the hike up was killer. (I had a skirt on so I couldn't really do it)


Auntie Marcie had lots of fun taking him down slides too.


This was our New Years Eve Feast!


I thought this was hilarious. Ryan really likes to mix anything he drinks, like if we eat out, he'll ask the poor waitress to mix like 3 different lemonades - and so we nominated him to be our "non alchohol" bartender - he had fun mixing my moms grape juice with different pops and drinks,it was a good time.

4 comments:

joel and laura michelle said...

fun fun!! i sure hope ryan is feeling better :) we missed you guys and can't wait till next year. love you.

The Christensens said...

So sad, but glad things worked out!!! Jack is so cute and getting so big!

The Hansens said...

Sounds like rough month in the Dudley house hold. I'm so sorry. Glad to hear everything worked out. K so I really want you to cut my hair, if you can't it's totally fine and i understand. But I am in high need of a stylish cut, and you have done a fantastic job with your cute sis!! Love her hair:)

John and Trina Busch said...

Yikes! thats too bad. Man I cant even tell you how bad we missed you guys this weekend. John and I decided to do a date night of homemade pizza and games, we could not think of anyone that would be fun to play games with. We have tried out a couple of couples but they aren't ..ahem... very good. we missed ya! plus food and games what could be better?