Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Prego Update.

Well, I'll give a little update on how my baby bump has been doing. This pregnancy has been realy interesting, totally different than my first. I've been really barfy from week six on. Entering my second trimester, I started to feel a little better, for most of the day but the past few days, the mornings have been horrible. In order to keep from throwing up I have to eat salty things often (is that wierd?). Besides the peeing twice in the night, achy lower back (already - I know what's wrong with me, doesn't that only show up in the third trimester?), barfiness, and shortness of breath, I'm doin ok! I sound like such a whiner - but I won't deny it, I really am. So I'll get it out now and try to keep it to myself the rest of the time. To add to the turmoil, Jack figured out how to climb out of his crib, and so we have had an interesting week trying to get him to stay in his bed. We took the front off his crib and resorted to taking him for long drives just to get him to sleep and than put him in his bed, because he screamed when we put in the room alone. So after talking to a few people who went through the same thing, last night we decided to just let him cry it out. It was absolutely no fun, but after about an hour of him screaming, he finally fell asleep on his bed. And slept the whole night without rolling out of it, or getting up! So tonight will be night number two of this new technique and I think it will just get better! Well at least this post ended on a positive note!

8 comments:

Ry, Shell, Maxwell and Henry said...

Holy cow you updated your blog a lot! (does that make sense??..no it doesn't) You put a lot of new information on your blog! That's better. Yeah Easter was fun I think we should incorporate adult Easter egg hunt every year, but next year with eggs that actually have candy in them instead of just boiled eggs. Blah, who wants real eggs......we want candy!!

Silvia and Steven said...

Oh I'm such a whiner too when it comes to being pregnant! So don't worry I think it's allowed and anyone who's been pregnant understands :O)

So about crying it out.... sometimes it is the last resort. We didn't have to hard getting Nicholas into his bed because he "cried it out" when he was about 11 months old when he had trouble self soothing. Then at about 12 months he switched to a bed and he'd already learned. But it was a hard week. It usually takes about 3 days to a week or two. Lets cross our fingers so that'll only be a couple a days for you guys :O)

Unknown said...

I know how you feel. I am on week 12 but started feeling sick beginning of week 6. It's hard to function when you don't feel good. If you still feel sick try cinnamon gum. It helps me.

Alli Krewson said...

being allowed to whine is one of the perks that come with pregnancy-- go right ahead! love the updates... especially the hot dog cookout- 7 hot dogs? lol he's my hero for just keeping them down!

josh.sandra.ava.davis.ella said...

it's gonna get better! sorry it's been so rough...it must be a girl!

John and Trina Busch said...

I am so happy for you...well other than the throwing up. but hey now you know what the rest of us go through. you had it really easy the first time. We cant wait to see you!

The Christensens said...

Oh need some pictures of your little belly!!! Pretty Pleaseeee!!!

Unknown said...

Steph!!! Shelley is moving!!!! This is an outrage!!! We must stop her!!!! Oh by the way this is KARA! ;)