Monday, June 28, 2010

The Sweetest Thing...

Aaaaahhhhhhh (heavy sigh) the past few weeks....... there are no words to describe. I've been a bit disconnected, and under the weather. Dispite all my MANY blessings that I am so fully aware of you can't seem to shake the little things that get to you and today was was one of those days where it all comes to a head, a breaking point. As I sat by the garbage can on my kitchen floor, head pounding,stomach churning, and emotions raging inside of me, the tears started to flow. Tired of feeling this way and having it affect the kind of mother I've been to my beautiful boys, tired of not feeling up to "going out" with the kids, tired of throwing in another movie in for Jack and another toy in front of Quin. It was one of those moments where Heavenly Father has to shove a huge reminder in your face of how lucky you are. Jack, my sweet Jack, walks up to me, takes my face in his two little hands, pulls my face up so I can look him straight in the eyes and goes Oh, (gives me a big kiss on the lips) and says , don't cry. Kisses me again, sits on my lap and doesn't stop holding me until I stop crying. I can't tell you how fast my emotions flipped from self pitty to self grattitude. Man I am so grateful for my incredible husband, and two beautiful boys. Incase the clues didn't give our secret away. We are expecting baby #3!!!!! Quick? Yes. Are we crazy? Maybe. Are we happy. Very.

13 comments:

Tiffany said...

Oh wow, Congratulations!! There's nothing wrong with quick! You're a great mom!! Hang in there, hope you start feeling better very soon! And that little Jack is just so sweet!! :)

The Marchant Family: said...

Wow!! Congrats Steph, you're a great mom and no one could handle this all better than you. Hang in there, you're in my prayers :)

Erin said...

Congrats!! I love those moments. Like when I am so so annoyed with Hayden and he comes to me just to tell me he loves me. My attitude changes so quickly. What beautiful boys we have.

Haylee said...

Stephanie I promise it's not that quick!! haha My 3 are extremely close together!! I know how it is feeling self pity, but I to have a great husband and kids that lift my spirits up!!! You are a great person and MOM!! When are you due?

Robins Family said...

Congrats Steph! That is so awesome! Hang in there! You are such an amazing mom and women!

Alli Krewson said...

congratulations! sorry you're not feeling well... hope it passes quickly. what sweet boys you have to take such good care of mama. you make such adorable kids - can't wait to see #3!

Jarom and Heidi Taylor said...

Congrats!!!! And oh man Jack is so darn cute! :) Sorry you are feeling sick hope things get better soon.

Ben and Kristen Call said...

Stephanie I loved this post. What cute little boys you have! Congrats on child #3 and I hope you start feeling better soon.

Laura said...

HOORAY!! What great news! Congrats Dudley family! I'm sorry you're so sick... What a sweet boy you have indeed!

Zaugg Blog said...

Steph, that's so exciting about having another little one in your family but not so good about being so sick. I really hope it's a girl because you are way out numbered:)

Unknown said...

WOW Steph!! I am so happy for you guys!! You are such a great mommy!! Keep up the good work girl!! Your Hubby & kids are so lucky to have you!! :)

Jamie Bullock said...

Just when Shelley is about to catch up with you, you take the lead!! :)Congratulations! Jack and Quin are sooo cute. Shelley always says what an amazing twin sister, best friend, mom and wife you are! Hope you two have a fun weekend together in Washington!

Cynthia Johnson said...

Congratulations!!! I am so sorry you feel so sick- trust me, i know how hard and horrible that is :( Hang in there!