Thursday, July 22, 2010

Yay for goals!

I am a new woman. Nauasea on it's way out, lots more energy, sinus infection and bronchitis almost gone, just got back from a 5 day sister get away, renewed, refreshed, I feel great! I celebrated my 24th birthday yesterday and treated myself to a nice new sewing machine - eek, a little squeak of joy - I'm so excited but understand that I am so beginner with sewing that it will take a lot of patience and practice to get where I want to be, but some of my sisters got sewing machines as well and we're all going to shoot ideas off each other and learn from the more experienced. I can't wait! So that's my new goal, not just sewing, but I want to work off a very tight budget and use old things I have to create new things, I want to be creating all the time. I got a few blogs to start out with of brilliant women who are doing the same thing and have mastered those skills. The blogs are on the right, check em out, they're great. Here I go, wish me luck.



I want to make the boys room into this Doctor Seuss Heaven. I fully intend to sew that quilt on the bed and paint his wall with that fun clock on it.


If I ever have a little girl, I am so painting this for her.

3 comments:

Laura said...

If there's anyone that can do it all, it's you! And I don't even really know you all that well! :) But I can tell you're driven! How wonderful! I got a sewing maching two years ago and have loved learning as well. Good luck!

Ry, Shell, Maxwell and Henry said...

Cute, I love that Dr. Seuss room! And the panelling on the back wall, soo cute! I am so excited to start sewing with you. Love ya and thanks for the fun weekend and for flying out to visit me....much needed on my end.

Unknown said...

Steph, I have the PERFECT Blog you need to read!! :) I think you could do some AMAZING things with the ideas this girl has!! :) Here is the address!! http://newdressaday.wordpress.com
I am not sure if it is on your blog list or not but she is amazing at what she does! Some of the things are kinda ugly I think! ;) but a lot of them are fun and modern!! Good luck with sewing....I am pretty sure that talent skipped a generation with me!!