Friday, August 6, 2010

Catch Up

Here we are! It's been a while - I just havn't been able to get up the motivation to sit at the computer while these pictures load, blogging takes forever! But we've been up to a lot, and this summer has been kicking all of our tooshies. I'm almost ready to say that summer needs to be over. Onto bigger and better, Autumn! Nice tempid weather, crisp cool air, jackets and scarves, sipping apple cider, and the beginning of many exciting holidays. Yes - I give my ok for summer to leave. So here's a big catch up on the latest and greatest with the Dudley Fam. We went to Bear Lake with the Johnson Family and had a good old time. We've built forts in attempts to not spend money to entertain. Why must EVERYTHING cost money. Not fair. Made a trip to the Zoo. Sold both our cars and now just have one wonderful Honda Pilot (bigger family car that's not a minivan! yay!) Quin has thrush for about the 100th time, he just won't stop putting his fingers in his mouth and I've boiled his binkies and bottles till I swear they'll melt. I'm so close to just throwing them all away and tying his hands behind his back for a few days. Jack is getting quite the imagination. Ever since he got his new big boy bed he's been brewing up the strangest things to not go to bed. Every night he will run to the door and start banging on it saying "hello? Open door! Please open door! Bang louder and start saying "Mommy! Mommy! Snuggles? Mommmmmm! Scary, Scary!" I can let him work it out normally, but if he's genuinely scared I can't just listen to him, I need to make it better. So I go in there and say Jack what's scary? He'll point to his closet and tel me something different every night . Last night it was a rhino, the night before it was spider man, it's even been Santa Clause that's been scaring him in his closet. I don't know what to do anymore. We've tried singing him primary songs which he sings with us and he's great when one of us is in there with him, but the second we go out, he'll do the same thing and he's seriously scared. So every night we'll make a few trips in with Jack to tell him there's nothing scary, sing a song or two, and snuggle for a minute. He must fall asleep now with his bedroom light on which I wake up in the night to go turn off. It's not fun each night going through the same thing, but I am confident that these stories if written down will make some fun memories for us to tell him. I have to remember that! Ryan is about half way done with his Masters Degree and he's working so hard for us. He's wonderful! Quin is crawling everywhere, stands up for a bit and falls down, plays with everything he shouldn't (same as Jack was) and is independent as ever. It's been a very crazy hot summer and we are prepping ourselves to come to Virginia in about a week! So there you go. I find out the gender of baby #3 in a couple weeks here now and so I'll let you know when we know!

Some nice back yard swimming.



Trip to the zoo.



Jack making a trip to the fridge for his twentieth popsicle that day.







Quin is sporting his purple mouth almost all the time now. It's his medicine for thrush.

2 comments:

Ry, Shell, Maxwell and Henry said...

I like the speedo action on Jack. I would say I'm ready for autumn here too, but that just means a lot of rain, so I don't think i'm ready for that yet.

Laura said...

I'm sure life is alwayd moving fast with your busy boys! Fun summer pictures! Hope Quin gets better soon.