Saturday, January 29, 2011

First Week

This may have been the longest week of my life! I've had so much wonderful help and it still feels like chaos. It makes me wonder how people can do it on their own. I give major props to those mothers! Well Seren has been such a joy! She rarely cries, only if she's hungry or taking a bath. She sleeps a ton. She smiles in her sleep, she must be having sweet dreams. She loves to lay on her mama's tummy. She's waking up on average 3 times to feed at night (hopefully we can get that down soon!) She's just so beautiful to look at, I could stare at her all day. When she was first born I thought I just saw a little Ryan, but now that she's been home a while she's changed so much! I see a lot of Jack through her eyes, and Ryan's little button nose (what a lucky girl). She's still a little yellow from the jaundice but she's eating great and poopin like a champ so that will be gone in no time! Jack looooooves her, he'll give her big hugs and kisses all the time, pat her head and even lift up his shirt and offer her a drink of milk. haha! What a kiddo. Quin, points to her and says sssssss (I assume for Seren) and that's about it. Didn't expect much more from him. Ryan's mom has been so wonderful to stay with us and help with anything and everything we need....plus some! We are blessed to have such wonderful family! More pictures will be coming soon, Grandma Dudley promised to do a big family/Seren photo shoot!

One smitten daddy.



This picture kind of says it, not enough hands to go around.


Love it when she's awake. It doesn't happen too much yet.



Seren was not a fan of the her first bath at home.


This is how we see her sweet face most of the time. Sleeping.


6 comments:

John and Trina Busch said...

oh little girls! I am so happy for you!

The Marchant Family: said...

You are superwoman! I'm so impressed that you've had time to blog. Hang in there, I'm sure it'll get easier once you all get into a routine. She's a doll and I love the cute pictures (especially the candid ones with little guys wiggling). You have such a beautiful family Steph. I miss you and Shelley and wish I lived closer so we could get together for play dates :)

Ry, Shell, Maxwell and Henry said...

Her head looks so silky...i want to rub it :) The crazy thing is she looks a lot like that dream I had of her. Remember I explained it to you, I said she looked a lot like you but blonde and she was a little older in my dream. Yep, I must be psychic.

Laura said...

Such sweet pictures! She's very pretty! I love that Heavenly Father sends us newborns that SLEEP all the time. :) It definitely helps with the adjustment (and I'm only adjusting from 1 to 2 kids).

joel and laura michelle said...

she is gorgeous!!!! can't wait to kiss that sweet little face!

Cynthia Johnson said...

such a beauty!