Friday, April 29, 2011

Washington

Got to fly out and spend a little girl time with Shelley last week! Just what i needed. I wish there was a way to even put into words how much fun I have when I go out to see shell. Every time I can count on having a fabulous time, talking and laughing like I'm a seventeen again, not a care in the world. This time we played settlers of catan (got second place! Sweet!), went to trader joe's and got some interesting little snacks, went to a little chocolate shop and tried new crazy kinds of flavors, went to Country village and ate at a cozy little cafe, went out to see "sucker punch" (don't waste your time) and made fun of it the whole time, but came out of it feeling really empowered, like, yeah girls kick butt! And lastly took a beautiful drive to a little old German town called Leavenworth where they have all these fun little shops and pubs where they serve lots of sausage dishes. Pretty sure we hit every chocolate, fudge, and ice cream shop there! Thanks for a great time shell! Until next time!

On the drive to Leavenworth. Anticipation building up. Shelley looks excited, but I'm not sure what I'm doing???


Isn't is beauitful! If you can see behind us, that's just the base of one of these huge mountains covered in green trees.


Excited to go down the to the shops!


One of the cute little shops on the corner.


More shops lining down the road.


Met a new friend.


Got a new hat!



We decided you can't go to this little German village and not eat some sausage and sour kraut at one of their little pubs right? It was surprisingly tasty. They had a bunch of one dollar bills hanging from the walls with little funny messages written on them. I got the markers and everything from the server, just to remeber we left our purses with cashin the car. Aw well, next time.


Seren was so enjoyable during this trip. We did some girl bonding:)

4 comments:

Becca said...

Looks like you and your sister had a blast! I love that small town, so cute and the pictures you took were great. I also love that you played Settlers of Catan!!! One of my most favorite games to play. :)

michelledudley said...

glad you had fun with your sister - we sure missed you in Virginia with Ryan and the boys.
love mom dudley

Laura said...

Looks like a rejuvinating trip! Sisters are the best!

joel and laura michelle said...

we soooo missed you that weekend!