You may be thinking what the heck is sad about this picture. Well let me explain. The lady next door runs a day care out of her home. When the weather is nice, she lets all the kids play in her back yard. When they are outside playing, we can usually hear them from inside our house. This is where it gets sad, because Jack is a little social butterfly, he'll run out the front door, right up to this chain linked fence and just stare through it wanting to go join the fun. He'll say "hey kids! Hey kids! Can I play with you?" Most of the kids are nice and come running up and say hello. Jack will get so excited they are talking to him, he'll say "hang on", run inside and grab a toy and run back out to show them his toy, or a cool leaf on the ground, or anything to keep their attention. There is this one little boy who is kind enough remind Jack every time he goes up to the fence that he can't play with them. That's when protective anger flares up in me and I take jack by the hand and very loudly tell him that we are going to go do something really fun, like go to the park and get ice cream.
It's so sad to watch your child want something that he can't have. I don't feel comfortable asking my neighbor if Jack can go play with the kids. I wouldn't be surprised if she requested that I pay or something. So, we are just counting down the days until he starts pre-school and gets to socialize outside of the house. Until then, I'll have to endure watching him,like a prisoner, talk to his little friends through a chain linked fence. September 14th, he'll start pre-school!
4 comments:
How cute! And yes, slightly sad about that mean boy. Hooray for preschool too. I think having a social butterfly is better than having super shy kids. :)
That's sad and funny. I miss your boys :( and Seren of course, and you guys of course of course. Love you
a
Sorry about my last comment haha.
That does break your heart!!! I totally know what you mean whenever Beck wants to play with older kids and they won't let him I always bust out the fruit snacks or something that I know they will want haha.
And totally random, I just had my friend in my ward Alicia take our family pictures and I was checking her blog to see if they were up yet and there you were!! She apparently just took your family pictures with your husband's family - small world!! And you look absoolutely beautiful in the pictures!! Your family is so cute
Post a Comment